Please contact us for a complementary, executive debriefing and more detailed analysis on Scala's merits and where it may fit in your technology future. In summary, Scala is a modern programming language than enables software solutions to convert computing advancements into business capabilty Although a young language of 10 years, Scala leverages the billions invested in the mature Java platform since the 90's. So what are the business benefits of using Scala for your software solution? Here are a few:
- In Good Company: LinkedIn, Twitter, FourSquare, Sony, eBay, amazon, and many others.
- Reduce TCO
As lines of code increase, development cost increases and software maintenance decrease. Scala solutions use less code and reduce your total cost of ownership.
- Scalable Solutions
Scala was built for scalability of concept. It enables solutions to naturally evolve without massive rewrites.
- Scalable Power
Unlike yesterday's languages, Scala enables solutions to more easily scale from a few transactions to high volumes while more effectively leveraging computer resources.
- Best Talent
Top tier talent is using it so you'll attract the brightest minds for your project.
- Java platform. If you already rely on the Java platform...you are Scala enabled today.
- Type Inference. Benefits of type safe code quality with ease of scripting and meta-programming.
- Concurrency and Distribution. Safely deploy solutions that leverage parallelism, futures, asynchronous, etc.
- Traits. Enable powerful reuse in an object oriented paradigm.
- Functional. Higher-order Functions for powerful reuse of behaviors.
- etc., etc., etc. Developers coming from other languages rarely go back after getting into Scala.